Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Part Time (Freelance)
We’re looking for an Android developer to join acasa, helping scale our home management app, either in at our HQ in Shoreditch or remote, starting in November/Early December 2018
Our purpose is to build foundational technology for the home to help the world live better together. We are bringing the home into the digital age for moving in, managing, and moving on – making it as delightful an experience as it should be.
We’ve already built an app being used by thousands of houses across the world to split their shared costs, and we are now setting up and sorting out people’s household bills and utilities. The acasa app was launched in 2015 (as Splittable), and we are backed by some of the best investors in London, including Seedcamp and Playfair Capital, and the UK’s most trusted financial brand Nationwide Building Society. We are based near Shoreditch, but don’t worry; you don’t have to like artisan coffee to work here.
You’ll be joining an agile and highly motivated team where you’ll have the opportunity to learn quickly, make an impact and have fun.
For us, this is deeply personal, because we are the customer. We are Generation Rent. We inherently understand and respect the home, the individuals, the relationships, challenges and dynamics of the housing market. We’ve felt the frustrations, dealt with the disappointments and put up with the problems. And we are utterly obsessed with solving them.
That’s why we started acasa. To build foundational technology that runs the home so that the world can live better, together.
Our values are simple, but we live and breathe them:
- Live and learn
- Go the extra mile
We are looking for an Android developer to take full ownership of the Android platform. We have a working version at the moment in Play Store, and we want to keep improving the experience for our acasa residents. In your role, you will work closely with teammates from design, backend and customer support to ship new features and experiments for our users. We are currently undertaking a migration of our codebase to MVVM and RxJava.
We mainly use Trello and Slack for team communication, Circle for CI and GitHub for source control, but you’ll always be encouraged to stretch yourself into new areas. We are committed to a culture of learning and personal development for everyone at the company, and our developers are no exception!
You might be a good fit for the role if you:
- You are commercially driven and want to make a difference for our customers
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems as part of a team
- Have a good understanding of at least one architecture pattern
- You are data-driven and have strong attention to detail
- You demonstrate good Android development skills
- You have made a significant contribution to at least one app written in Android
- You worked with some of the latest paradigms in Android: Retrofit 2, RxJava, MVVM, SqlBrite
- You worked with RESTful APIs to connect to backend services
- You used git and git-flow in your collaborative projects
We would be thrilled if you also had:
- Experience with Unit/UI testing
- Experience with dependency injection libraries like Dagger 2
- Experience or desire to learn Kotlin
Also, we love people who:
- have a history of side projects and self-motivated learning
- possess an intense curiosity to identify trends and ship fantastic products
- are highly motivated and self-organised, with an eye for detail
- are not afraid to voice your ideas about how we can always get better
Please forward your CV, GitHub profile and details of any of your apps currently in the Play Store to firstname.lastname@example.org